Claims for items on the list below will NOT be honored by the third-party insurance company ShipitAPO uses for insuring ShipitAPO Member packages
- Accounts, bills, tickets, currency, deeds, evidence of debt, money, notes, securities, bullion, furs, perishable cargo, or similar property unless endorsed here on in writing.
- Merchandise shipped on consignment, memorandum or approval unless shipped in fulfillment of an order or request.
- Loss, damage, or non-arrival of any parcel of its contents which (a) is addressed, wrapped or packed insufficiently, incorrectly or contrary to the carrier's packaging requirements; or (b) bears a descriptive label or packaging which tends to describe nature of contents.
- Against loss or damage caused by or resulting from: (a) hostile or warlike action in time of peace or war, including action hindering combating or defending against an actual, impending or expected attack, (1) by any government or sovereign power (de jure facto), or by any authority maintaining or using military, naval or air forces; or (2) by military, naval or air forces; (3) by an agent of any such government power, authority or forces; (b) any weapon of war employing atomic fission or radioactive force whether in time of peace or war; (c) insurrection, rebellion, revolution, civil war, usurped power or action taken by governmental authority in hindering, combating or defending against such an occurrence, seizure or destruction under quarantine or Customs regulations, confiscation by order of any government or public authority or risks of contraband or illegal transportation of trade.
- NUCLEAR EXCLUSION. Notwithstanding anything herein contained to the contrary, it is hereby understood and agreed that this policy shall not apply to any loss, damage or expense due to or arising out of, whether directly or indirectly, nuclear reaction, radiation, or radioactive contamination regardless of how it was caused. However, subject to all provisions of this policy, the direct physical damage to the property insured, located within the United States or any territory of the United States or Puerto Rico by fire directly caused by the above excluded perils, is insured, provided that the nuclear reaction, radiation, or radioactive contamination was not caused, whether directly or indirectly, by any of the perils excluded by this policy. Nothing in the above wording shall be construed to cover any loss, damage, liability or expense caused by nuclear reaction, radiation, or radioactive contamination arising directly or indirectly from the fore mentioned above.
- Arising out of infidelity, dishonesty, or any overt act on the part of the Insured, associate in interest, and/or any of the Insured's employees whether occurring during hours of employment or otherwise nor on the part of custodians (common carriers excepted), or the property insured unless specifically endorsed hereon in writing.
- Arising out of loss of market, delay, loss of use, clean up costs, decay, or other deterioration, any remote or consequential loss, whether or not arising out of a peril insured against.
Claims must be submitted to ShipitAPO within 85-days of the shipment date but no earlier than 45-days if claiming loss; 60-days for packages mailed Parcel Post. Email and fax submissions are acceptable to meet deadline dates but hard copies with original signatures are required to be submitted unless otherwise instructed during the claims process. All insurance claims over $150.00 must be notarized.